Campbell County Community Public Recreation District
In an effort to increase community participation in recreational activities, the Campbell County Community Public Recreation District has been actively funding local projects since its establishment in May of 2001.
The CCCPRD funds many activities and projects which promote healthy lifestyles for ALL youth and adults of Campbell County, and provides before and after school programs as well as the summer programs included in this booklet. Most programs are free of charge and available to ALL residents of Campbell County.
If you need registration or other information on any of these programs please get in touch with the contact person listed for each program, visit the website listed below, or call
Steve Yount 307-687-4543 (email@example.com)
The Campbell County Community Public Recreation District (CCCPRD) was formed by the Campbell County School District Board of Trustees in July of 2001. The purpose of the CCCPRD is to support programs that increase community participation in a variety of recreational endeavors. Funding for the program is through the recreation mill levy imposed pursuant to W.S. 18-9-201(b), which allows communities in Wyoming to form and fund Recreation Districts.
To date the CCCPRD Board has imposed a 1 mill levy and approved over $38 million in funding for recreational projects for the citizens of Campbell County. The funding is provided for projects that meet the requirements of the CCCPRD. There are two opportunities to apply for funding: November 1 and April 1. For further information on the nuts and bolts of the CCCPRD, please visit the link to the CCCPRD by-laws.
About 70% of this funding has been used for in-district programs and projects, with the remaining 30% used to fund community-based programs. Any citizen or member of an organization may apply for funding for a program, project or activity that is recreational in nature and available to the public.
The CCCPRD provides funding for summer programs for residents of Campbell County who range in age from preschool through adult, as well as for various recreational clubs and programs offered before and after school during the school year at the elementary and secondary schools. CCCPRD has formed collaborative partnerships with the Campbell County Parks and Recreation Department, Campbell County Public Library, and Camplex, as well as other governmental agencies, and has also provided funding for countless private community organizations in Campbell County.
In 2007, the CCCPRD Board voted to commit $18.5 million for the construction of a field house, which is now part of the new recreation center that was funded and built with funding from the City of Gillette and Campbell County. The field house includes a college-level indoor running track with the center area available for tennis, soccer or football. The indoor facility allows the community to have recreational opportunities during inclement weather. Approximately $1.25 million will have to be set aside each funding cycle (every six months) until June 15, 2019, when the field house will have been paid in full.
I am proud to be a member of the CCCPRD Board. I look forward to continuing to be a part of this entity which provides funding for many wonderful and diverse opportunities for all the citizens of Campbell County.
Chairman, Campbell County Community Public Recreation District